eSIM & Virtual Numbers: a new word in mobile communications technology | Onlinesim
- May 12, 2023, 4:58 PM
- 6 minutes
eSIM and virtual numbers are two different technologies that allow users to use phone numbers without physical SIM cards. An eSIM (embedded SIM) is a chip that is embedded into a device and can be programmed to act as a SIM card. Virtual numbers, on the other hand, are phone numbers that are not tied to a physical location or device.
Let's look at how you can use both functions and what service can give you them.
About eSIM and virtual numbers
What is the difference between eSIM and SIM? With eSIM you don't need a physical SIM card to use your phone. Instead, you can activate your phone service using a QR code or an app. eSIMs are becoming increasingly popular in smartphones and other mobile devices, as they allow for more flexibility and convenience. With an eSIM, you can switch between carriers without needing to physically swap out SIM cards.
What is a virtual sim card? Virtual numbers are usually cloud-based and can be accessed through an app or web portal. Virtual numbers are often used by businesses that want to establish a local presence in a different area code or country without actually having a physical office there. They can also be useful for individuals who want to keep their personal phone number private while still being able to make and receive calls and messages.
Temporary (Virtual) Number
Real phone number (Physical Sim)
100% Anonymous, provided that you do not use free services for renting a phone number
All data about the eSim owner is known by the mobile operator
If you signed a contract with a mobile operator and were in their office, then there is no anonymity.
Availability of a plastic card
A one-time phone number does not need plastic cards or contracts. Just a few clicks on the OnlineSim website.
A physical SIM card is not needed. You will have free space in the SIM card slot.
There is a real SIM card that takes up space in your phone
This communication channel is not suitable for banking transactions, as another user may then receive your temporary phone number.
The virtual card cannot be lost or hacked. No one will be able to access your phone number.
You may be hacked or a duplicate of your SIM card issued. Security is average and depends on your mobile operator.
Visiting the mobile operator's office
You can buy a virtual number anywhere in the world
Can be configured remotely via the Internet
A very long and painful process. Compulsory visits to an authorized telephone operator shop.
from 10 cents per SMS
Usual cost, according to the tariffs of your cellular network
Usual cost, according to the tariffs plan
Where can this be applied?
registration on sites, social networks, sites for adults, casinos, service sites
Personal use, online banking, phone calls, video calls, real estate transactions, interaction with government authorities, trawel, tablets use
Personal use, phone calls, video calls, interaction with government authorities
Advantages of using eSIM and virtual numbers
Why use eSIM? There are several advantages of using eSIM and virtual numbers compared to traditional SIM cards and real numbers:
With an eSIM or virtual number, you can switch between carriers or phone numbers without needing to physically swap out a SIM card or change your eSIM USA phone number. This is particularly useful if you travel frequently or if you need to use multiple phone numbers for work or personal use.
What is eSIM vs SIM? eSIMs and virtual numbers can be activated and managed through an app or web portal, which makes it easy to set up and manage your phone service without needing to visit a store or talk to customer service.
Virtual numbers can be used to keep your personal phone number private while still being able to make and receive calls and messages. This is particularly useful if you want to separate your personal and work communications or if you're concerned about spam calls or privacy breaches.
- Cost savings
eSIMs and virtual numbers can be more cost-effective than traditional SIM cards and phone plans, particularly if you only need to use a phone number for a short period of time or if you need to make international calls or texts.
Since eSIMs and virtual numbers don't require eSIM vs physical SIM cards or phone numbers, they can be more eco-friendly and reduce waste from traditional SIM cards and phone plans.
Opportunities and examples of using eSIM and virtual numbers
There are various opportunities and examples of using eSIM and virtual numbers in different areas:
- Business. Virtual numbers can be used by businesses to establish a local presence in different areas, even if they don't have a physical office there.
- Travel. eSIMs can be particularly useful for travelers, as they allow you to easily switch between carriers and phone numbers without needing to physically swap out SIM cards. For example, a traveler might use an eSIM to switch between local carriers while traveling through Europe.
- Personal use. Virtual numbers can be used for personal use to keep your personal phone number private while still being able to make and receive calls and messages. It is the best virtual SIM solution.
- Internet of Things (IoT). eSIMs can be used in IoT devices, such as smart home devices or wearables, to allow them to connect to cellular networks without needing a physical SIM card.
- Emergency services. Pros and cons of eSIM. eSIMs can be used in emergency situations to provide temporary phone service to first responders or disaster relief workers.
Register on site without phone number
OnlineSim is a website that offers virtual numbers for registration in various services, such as social media platforms, messaging apps, and online marketplaces. Follow this step-by-step guide.
- Choose a service. First, you choose the service that you want to register for. OnlineSim offers virtual numbers for a wide range of services.
- Buy a number. Next, you purchase a virtual number for the service that you selected. OnlineSim offers a variety of pricing plans, depending on how many verification codes you need to receive.
- Receive verification codes. Once you've purchased a virtual number, you'll receive verification codes from the service that you're registering for. You can receive these codes through the OnlineSim website or through an app on your phone.
- Enter verification codes. Finally, you enter the verification codes that you received into the service that you're registering for. Once you've entered the codes, your account will be verified and you can start using the service.
You should definitely watch our video about the advantages of buying a fake phone number from us 👇